Tag Archives: baby shopping
In just two short months my little munchkin will be turning one. I am excited for this big day but when I started to think about him getting older, moving from a baby to a toddler, then to a boy, then to a teenager, and then to an adult, these thoughts kept me up all night. I also thought about him getting married, dancing with me at his wedding, and then being a mother-in-law to someone that hopefully gets along with me & wants to hang out with me.
I realise how silly it may sound that I am already thinking about my son getting married. I very look forward to the next stages of his life but I am also a little sad knowing that my little bubba will only be a baby for a fraction of my time with him.
I told Effendy the next morning that I was thinking about Jax and I was up all night, he thought I was kind of crazy. Or maybe I am. Who knows. I think a mom might think about stuff a little different then a dad. The last 10 months is so wonderful but the next coming months will bring more wonderful and exciting discovery and interaction. There is a quote that says “a mother holds her child’s hand for just a short time, but holds their heart forever.”
Here are Jax’s recent update:
- He is learning to stand unsupported
- He is cruising around the playpen
- Another two extra teeth, he has four in total now.
- He knows when I hide things away from him. One day when I was playing with him, he tried to grab my glasses and I quickly hid it under the pillow. I was surprise that he lifted up the pillow to find my glasses. That was the first time he became aware of hidden object.
- He likes playing peekaboo with daddy. He gets very excited, he chuckles, hugs me and snuggles on my chest.
- Breastfeeding Jax these days is like feeding a little monkey. He twists and moves around, he tuggs and pulls on my shirt or pokes my face, and he likes to sit up or stand up while nursing. He is definitely one bundle of energy.
I have come to realised that being a mom is not always easy. First you birth them, you nurse them all day and night, you sleep less, you care diligently and you even grow eyes in the back of your head. It’s twenty-four-seven, three-hundred-sixty-five, winter, spring, summer and fall, BUT it is all worth it, TOTALLY WORTH IT! Psalm 127:3 says “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.” And 1 Corinthians 4:2 also says “those who have given a trust must prove faithful.”
Mothering is a noble, sometimes thankless task, worthy of nothing less than the best. Knuth Ronda shares in her blog ‘yours is a sacred charge to keep: share wisely, nurture gently, discipline carefully, mentor gracefully. Sometimes the living out is filled with joy, sometimes with pain, often it is a knotting of the two. As long as you are mother, you carry the call in your heart.’
Hope these photos below will brighten up your day!